This article will help you activate your DITO Sim on iPhone. You’ve certainly come to this site because you’re curious about how to activate your DITO SIM; you’re eager to try DITO, but you don’t know how to activate and use their SIM on your phone. Look no further because we’ll show you how to activate the DITO Telecommunity SIM and start enjoying the Philippines’ newest telecoms network’s superfast connectivity right away.
Many people were thrilled when DITO Telecommunity passed its first internal audit. Many people believed it would be the end of poor connections at high fees, and that our country would enter a new era.
Although we know that DITO Telecom is now only available in a few locations in Visayas and Mindanao, many people are unaware that DITO Telecom SIM compatibility will be a problem.
DITO Sim on iPhone & Android Compatibility & Activation
If you haven’t heard, DITO Telecom just announced the brands and models of cellphones that are compatible with their network. However, not everyone was able to obtain that list. So, what are our options? We were able to find a way to see the DITO Telecom SIM compatibility to assist you with this problem:
First, check your phone.
- The first step in ensuring that your mobile device is compatible with DITO Telecom’s network is to check and verify the frequencies that it supports.
Following these steps will allow you to check it on your phone:
For iOS: DITO Sim on iPhone
- Dial *3001#12345#* on your phone.
- After that, select Serving Cell Info.
- By selecting the freq band indicator, you may check the frequency.
For Android users:
- Download the free LTE Discovery app.
- SELECT SIGNALS
- Look for the EARFCN category, which is underneath the DL and UL Frequency.
- You can also use GSMArena to see what bands are accessible.
Second, Check the Available Bands
Check out what bands DITO has been authorized to have once you’ve seen the bands supported.
The bands that they were granted licenses to include:
- 2100 MHz, band 1
- 2000 MHz, band 34
- 700 MHz, band 28
- 3300 MHz, band 52
- 3500 MHz, band n78 (5G).
- 2500 MHz band 41 (LTE, LTE A, or LTE-A Pro)
DITO Telecom is not compatible with 2G or 3G frequencies. As a result, if your current phone does not support 4G, LTE, or 5G frequencies, you may be unable to utilize it.
Third, Look at other options
- What are your other options? Based on the information provided, you will only be able to use DITO Telecom’s SIM card if your phone supports 4G and 5G.
- You wouldn’t be able to use it otherwise. This is due to the fact that you will be able to access the welcome offer through their app, and older mobile phones do not have a PlayStore or an App Store.
- Another alternative is to wait and see if the company would allow 2G and 3G networks to be integrated into their system. If this is the case, you may need to upgrade your smartphone.
How to connect & activate DITO SIM?
Applicable to iOS and Android devices
In your phone, insert your new DITO SIM.
Select Mobile Network from the Settings menu. After that, select Access Point Name.
Select the Add option. Click Save after typing in internet.dito.ph.
Activate your mobile data. Once your SIM is enabled, you will receive a welcome SMS and email. You’ll also receive a link to download the DITO App and your initial login password.
Download the DITO app
- You can use your WiFi connection or another network’s mobile data to download and install the DITO app from Google Play or the App Store.
- The DITO mobile app gives you access to all DITO services, including the ability to buy load, check your balances, register for promotions, share load or data, contact customer service, and more.
That’s it. You’ve just learned how to activate your DITO Sim on iPhone & Android and dive into the DITO universe.